I just realized I didn't publish my post this morning. In fact, I guess when I was finished typing I was so exhausted I just got up and left the computer. Good thing it saves on its own. It was still on my computer when I just roused my mouse to wake my screen. What a dufus I am!
After I made it back to bed at about 4:15 this morning something started chirping in our house. I thought it was our security alarm but then I woke Will and told him to make it stop since it hadn't been to sleep at all yet at that point. He found the ever annoying smoke detector and disconnected it. Geez!
That reminds me. One time we had three smoke detectors start randomly chirping in the middle of the night. The SAME night. It was very odd.
On to more important items...
We just returned home from seeing the pediatrician.
I was bummed because our favorite gal, Dr Campbell, was out of the office today, as was our 2nd choice of gals to see, Dr Struble. So we saw our 3rd choice, who is a super great Dr but just not up on Cloee's many issues. Oh well.
No bulging ear drums like in the recent past. As a matter of fact no ear infections at all. Not even a little one. Not even the slightest of red eardrum. MUCH to my surprise.
Great, so what is it?!
I begin tearing up. I just wanted it to be her ears so we could move on to getting tubes and close this particular chapter in her long book of health issues.
"We can cath her and check her urine. Mom, would you like to do that?"
"Yes. Let's just find something and fix it." (Between tears)
She peed all over the nurses. (I'm glad, Cloee thankfully never had the catheter inserted and they were able to hold the tube while she 'sprang a nervous leak' and catch enough urine to do the tests.)
The quick test showed nothing but a little blood, which could just be from the Betadine swabbing, I hope.
I should be able to get more definitive results tomorrow. I'll let you know if it shows anything different.
At this point I'm praying for roseola virus to show up and relieve me of my current fears!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Not the ears...so what?
Posted by ~Cari at 3:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh, goodness, Cari. Do keep us updated. I'm praying for you and Cloee!
Huh, Her symptoms sound similar (unexplained high fevers) to when Ava was diagnosed with her urinary relux. The urine test will for sure tell, but what a bummer to always have health concerns to worry about. Poor mama, poor baby. It was so sweet holding her the other day and her falling asleep in my arms. I LOVED it!! Let me know what the tests find.
SORRY CARI! Hope she gets feeling better real soon! Call me if you need anything...seriously.
Post a Comment