CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

NYC Day 5

We went to Max Brenner for lunch. Well it was lunchtime but we got appetizers and dessert. That counts, right?! It's a chocolate restaurant- "Chocolate by the bald man". There's one in NYC and one in Philadelphia and most all the rest are in Australia. I think there are a few in Israel too and a few other places on the other side of the globe. Just sayin' that you kinda gotta go far from good 'ol AZ to eat there. The food was so-so. The hot chocolate was good. The desserts were pretty good. The truffles were outta this world! I still dream of the raspberry truffles I ate days later on my plane ride home. Simply divine!

I must not have gotten any pics of the dessert but here's a pic of our appetizers


Drinking hot chocolate outta a 'hug mug' (I bought one for each of my kids- great souvenir, I thought)


So then we tried to walk off some of the food. We went to Forever 21. It was so big and there were clothes everywhere; It was so overwhelming. I got anxiety in there and had to leave. I like my much smaller, but still large, Forever 21 that I am used too. Oh and yes- the prices are just the same there as they are here, in case you were wondering.
Forever 21 was right at Union Square. It was a bit hectic around there. And super interesting. We didn't stop but walked on through. There were a bunch of little tents set up with people selling things: art, pear juice, fruit, breads, and MANY selling Obama crap. It was absurd! We couldn't walk past those items quick enough.
We then went on a tour of NBC studios. That was pretty neat. We went in the Saturday Night Live studio- did you know they got their audience seats from some stadium because they were too poor for brand new seats? We went in where Brian Williams is recorded and then went in the Today Show studio. Learned some interesting things- you can see traffic going by behind the folks as they sit on the couch. Well there's actually a pole that is used to hold up the building right in the middle but they didn't want a big pole up the back of the hosts heads so they put a video camera on the pole on the outside and video what would be there if the pole wasn't so it looks like it's ALL glass. Did that make any sense at all? It did to me. Cuz I know what I'm talking about cuz I was there.
This is us waiting for the 'tour'.

This is what Matt Damon wore for one of the Bourne movies.

I don't know what the two on the left are but the two outfits on the right are Meryl Streep and Peirce Brosnan's costumes from Mamma Mia.

So we did some more shopping after this. We went to NY and Co where I found a cute dress and some jewelry. I can actually say, "I got this dress at New York and Company- the one IN NEW YORK CITY."
We stopped at the market on the way home and I just grabbed one of those made-to-order salads that I am sooo missing from there, and a basket of raspberries (which were $3.99 just like they are here- only we can get them on sale here, there are no food sales there).
It was a very full day but a bit more laid back and casual.

0 comments: