CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My big fear

One of my biggest fears is... needles. I don't want to be poked with anything because it gives me the eebie geebies. I don't want injected with any fluids- that's what our mouths are for, and I don't want my blood removed- that's what cuts and scrapes are for. Needles are not necessary in my opinion and whoever invented them is mean. UNLESS... you are sewing!! Ha- betcha thought this was gonna be about something entirely different!
So, the other night a bunch of us gals got together so Heidi could teach us how to make her super adorable hooded towels. This involved a sewing machine which has a needle that pokes a million times. Oh my gosh the first time I put my foot to the peddle the thing took off and started sucking my towel and ribbon right on through. YIKES! Make it stop! It really scared me to death. I have watched my mom sew a bazillion times but I have never sat down at the machine and gone at it before. I just count on her to sew everything because of my fears. Also, I am kinda picky with myself when I do things and if the lines aren't straight I could picture myself just trashing the entire thing. I was afraid at first but then realized it didn't really bother me to have crooked lines. Most of the time the thread just blended right in so you can't see if the lines are crooked but on the ribbon you can totally see it but Will thought it looked good, so I guess it's gonna be ok. So I finished the darned towel. The sewing looked alright, I guess. It was for Cade and he will never know that the stitches are totally crooked, right? Until it starts to fall apart I guess. We'll see. I will post a picture later. I was happy to just get the thing finished. Now I can start on Carlee's. I think I overcame my fear of the darned sewing machine. Guess I have a lead foot- although I have only had one speeding ticket in my life. Next I want to make one for Carlee, Heidi made one for Cloee already. Maybe I'll get adventurous and make one for Ashleigh too (my sister's baby). You just never know.
Sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense. For some reason my brain is out of it tonight. Just trying to get it down so that 10 years from now when I am a famous sewer I will be able to look back and say "hey- a cute hooded towel started it all!"

0 comments: