"This is the worst day I ever had. I can't alieve (believe) this day came and happened to me. Mommy don't get me in trouble when I say this bad word. K mommy? I HATE this day! Am I in trouble for saying the bad word?"
Cade did have a very bad day on Saturday. He first woke at 5:00 in the morning and came into my room. I felt his presence and woke up to see a naked little boy at the foot of my bed huffing and puffing. I asked him what was wrong and why he was naked. He said that his underwear drawer was empty because someone took all his underwear. (Carlee had removed the underwear and put them in his pajama drawer to use the drawer for who-knows-what!) He couldn't find where 'they' had hidden his underwear and he was mad! I asked him why he needed underwear and what happened to the ones he wore to bed. He said he didn't know. "Maybe I just had a dribble, Mom. I just need some underwear. NOW!" Luckily, when I went and checked, I discovered there were just a few drops in his underwear and I didn't have to change the sheets. Thank goodness! So we got him some clean underwear and jammies and I told him he could snuggle by me in my bed for the rest of the night. At 8:00 Will was just getting up and Cade started throwing up. In MY bed! He was doing it in his sleep and I started freaking out so Will came in and carried him to our bathroom. (I then stripped my bed and Will threw the sheets in the washer- it turned out only a very small blob got on my sheets-ewww!) Will got Cade a pillow and blanket and he fell asleep on our bathroom floor. Cloee was still asleep so I figured I my as well go back to sleep too. Cade woke later feeling fine and enjoyed a normal Saturday playing with daddy and the neighborhood kids.
That afternoon Will decided he and the kids would bike down to the 'big park' a little ways away. I told them I would get Cloee ready and I would walk and push her in the stroller and meet them there. On the way home Will pushed Cloee and I rode the bike. Cade and I were riding side by side and he said his legs hurt so we stopped. I showed him and ant hill and we crouched down and talked and talked and talked about these ants and their home. Finally Cade was ready to go because he was hungry. He said, "Mom, let's hurry home so I can eat because I need to get growed bigger." We decided we'd make macaroni and cheese when we got home. It was probably around 6:00pm by this time.
We made it home and I started a pot of water to boil. Cade sat on the counter nearby and watched as I got the butter and milk all ready. When it came time to drain the macaroni Cade decided he wanted to help so he began to climb across the HOT stove to get to the sink where I was at. He had barely placed his hands onto the stove when he remembered that it was still hot. He first didn't feel the burn and said, "Uh oh, I a-got (forgot) that it was just cooking the AHHHHHHHHHHH!" The burning began. And unfortunately it didn't let up for many hours. Poor guy! This was an awful experience for me and for him. He kept his fingers in a cup of ice water the whole night. At one point he took the cup up to his room to watch tv in there. He came downstairs to tell me something and he must have forgotten the cup because all of the sudden he started freaking out and ran back upstairs. Then I see him running back downstairs with his fingers flailing about and screaming but no noise was coming out; it was like he was in a cartoon- his little feet ran so fast and each foot hit every step. I quickly filled another cup with ice water. We still haven't found the missing cup, it wasn't in his room. He finally fell asleep around 1:30 the next morning and when I woke him for church the fingers were white with char and a few were blistered up. But the pain was gone, for the most part. I felt so bad and because of my guilt I slept hardly a wink the entire night. A lesson for both of us!
(Did I mention that my husband yelled at me and told me that my stupidity causes our children pain? nice huh!?)
Ya know what else? Cade did a funny thing when we got home from church. He went up to the stove, the same burner that he burned his fingers on, and tested it. He put his hands up there and gave the stove a dirty look as if he was saying, "Ha! didn't get me this time!"
Monday, March 31, 2008
Cade's "Worst Day I Ever Had!"
Posted by ~Cari at 4:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Oh, boy little man! That must have hurt. I did that once, but I really should have known better b/c I was an adult! Don't feel bad, these things happen. Just think how careful he'll be with stoves now? :-)
Post a Comment