CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Cloee Update: Cloee learns new tricks


Cloee is now a little over 16 weeks- but just 4 weeks after her due date. In the last week or so she learned some new things and mommy is just elated!
About a week and a half ago she started sleeping through her 3:00 am feeding. I woke one morning with Will at about 5:30 and mentioned to him that I didn't think Cloee had woken up since I went to bed around 1:00. I wasn't 100% sure though. Perhaps I had just nursed her really quickly and put her back to bed while I was still asleep. But then the next night she slept from midnight until after 7:00 am and she has slept like that ever since. Last night she slept from 11:00 until 8:00 this morning. It was super great!
Another great step she took was... she can now take a full feeding without having to follow with a bottle. She was having a hard time keeping latched on the boo-boo for long enough to get full. It was just too much work for her. She can now do it and gets full. Yahoo!
She also learned to smile. At first she would give me kind of a half smile. Today I got quite a few huge smiles. She melts mommy's heart! I had a hard time catching it on my cell phone camera. Here's what I got though. (I don't know how to make the picture show up anywhere but the top left- I'm still learning!)
PS Do you see something missing from Cloee's face?

1 comments:

Alisa Larson said...

That is the BEST DAY in the life of a mom. It's what dreams are made of! It's even better than chocolate.....okay, maybe not, but it comes REALLY close! I'm so glad you are getting some sleep. Good work Cloee.