CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Food Glorious Food

Last night I made this ginormous salad for Enrichment night. I dunno why I made such a big one- mostly because I got a big bag of spinach and a big bag of salad mix from Costco and put them together. I didn't know how many others were bringing salad. I added some veggies and it was huge. Well there were tons left over. I gave some to each of my sisters but was still left with lots. So for dinner tonight I gave the kids hot dogs with salad and Will and I had salad as our main meal, I opened a can of tuna and a can of salmon and put that on top to make it a little more filling, plus it sounded good at the time.
At the same time that dinner was being put together (as non-complicated as it was) I also decided I was going to make Trish Kobialka's yummy cinnamon rolls. And I also wanted to make stuffed mushrooms. It all sounded so good to me when I was making it. But... the salad was yucky- tuna and salmon just didn't taste so nice to me, and I used Ranch dressing which I don't care so much for. The stuffed mushrooms were not so tasty either. I think Will liked it so that was good. But ohhhh, the cinnamon rolls hit the spot! They weren't real cute and uniform and I had to kinda squish them into my pans but oh the taste was delightful! I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow! (As I was making all these things tonight I kept thinking that I was making such a weird combination of foods- NO, I am not pregnant!)
(Also, I kept smelling something stinky in my kitchen after I had everything cleaned up and I couldn't figure out what it was. I kept thinking I should be smelling the sweet smell of the cinnamon rolls. I knew I had paid special attention to make sure the tuna and salmon cans went in a plastic bag and straight out to the black trash can outside. But then...there it was...a fork with a few flakes of salmon on it. EWWWW! I hurried and threw it in the already started dishwasher. Back to smelling the wonderfulness of fresh baked cinnamon rolls!)














Not-yet-baked cinnamon rolls and just-baked stuffed mushrooms















Straight-out-of-the-oven cinnamon rolls

3 comments:

Shanen said...

Ohh yummy. You salad was super good the other night, and I would have loved to have that left over also. Sorry it didn't taste that good to you with the added elements. But the cinnamon rolls....they are to die for. I LOVE IT when Trish makes them and sends ker kids over with a plate of them for us. It is an added benifit that they live across the street. Good for you to make them.

Trish said...

I am so glad that the rolls turned out well for you! Phew! Cinnamon Rolls are quite the undertaking, too, I know! :) Stuffed mushrooms sounds delightful, it's too bad you didn't love them. Perhaps another recipe another time...

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

You made me hungry I might have to make cinnamon rolls tonight:)