We had a busy yet relaxing Christmas season. I didn't feel stress at all. I think because normally Will is always telling me to go get more presents for the kids, all the way up until Christmas Eve. I don't think they need very much. Plus, I'm the one who has to clean up all their little toys all the time. Less is more with me- when it comes to the kids, not when it comes to me receiving gifts, of course. I keep mine picked up and put away. :) Will didn't grow up with much and I think that's why he wants to give our kids more than necessary. I think he over does it and he thinks I over do it. It's hard to find that balance but I think this year we did.
Also, for both sides of our family we had a white elephant gift exchange. That took the pressure off having to buy for each and every brother, sister, brother and sister in law and all nieces and nephews. It worked out pretty good on the pocket book this year.
We started out by celebrating with Will's family on the Sunday before Christmas. We ate food and had the elephant gift exchange and then we played games (we never get together and not play games).
Then on Christmas Eve we went to my mom's, like we always do. My grandparents and aunt and uncle and cousins go there too. We eat REALLY yummy food...like the entire time we are there. We all hover over it like it's going to walk up and leave. Sometimes it does- if you step away and come back you may find your favorite food is poof! gone! So we try to never walk away. We did manage to get our elephant exchange in. It was the first year we had done this and may change to just drawing names for next year.
We got home and sent the kids straight to bed. Santa and Mrs. Claus arrived within minutes and took only seconds to set up the toys and fill the stockings. (It was an easy year- no bikes, trampolines or train tables to put together).
Cloee woke me up around 6 am (also at 1:30 am and 3 am) and I thought about getting the others up at this time but she was cranky and just wanted to nurse and go back to sleep and I was still very tired. So we went back to sleep until Cloee woke again at 8 am. She and I played for a little bit then decided to wake Daddy and the big kids.
Our camera had VERY little battery charge left so we only got pictures from about the first 20 seconds of Christmas morning. Dangit!
Cade opens his presents very S L O W L Y because he is so busy goofing aroundCarlee opens her presents very quickly and then waited for Cade to catch up
Cloee doesn't really open her presents at all... so Mommy helps her
After opening presents we went to my Aunt Rozanne and Uncle John's and have a Christmas brunch and visit with all the cousins. My siblings have in-laws they do stuff with but since Will and I get together with his family ahead of time my aunt has always included us in her Christmas morning tradition and we love it (my mom and Chris and Cassidy go too). After eating, some played Wii (Cade of course was in on that!), some napped, some played games, and some did a little of all of those things. Cloee took a nap with Tia (my Aunt Rozanne) which was so nice since I had been dealing with her crabbiness for numerous days (due to extreme ear infections). After almost falling asleep during a game I went and slept on the couch for a little bit while Will and some of the others went to see a movie- 'Yes Man' with Jim Carrey, everyone said it was funny. I had to wake myself and go home because we were then going to have dinner at my house. The same people that were at my aunt's that morning came over and my brother, Cynthia, and her son Rene (pronounced Hene') came down from Flagstaff. We visited and ate and some played Rock Band. It was pretty relaxed.
The next day my dad & Joann, Gami and Papa, all my siblings and their families, and step sisters and their families came over for a Prime Rib dinner. Yum yum! It was fun and the food was great. We had a great time visiting and vegging after stuffing ourselves with too much food.
My house was a crazy place for a few days in a row and thankfully it was just family because there was no possible way I was going to be able to keep it clean.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Christmas 2008
Posted by ~Cari at 6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment