CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Girls Night Out

I am finally getting around to publishing some of my posts.
Some friends and I had a fun girls night out back in July. I ditched Will and the big kids and left Cloee at my mom's and we went and stayed at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort (which happens to be the same place Will and I took our wedding pictures at) for a night. We ate dinner at Houston's- one of my favorite places.

Jennie, Alisa, Me, Heidi, Jessica
After dinner we went to a crepe and custard place that was right by Houston's for dessert.

Heidi, Jessica, Alisa, Jennie, Me
After that we went back to the hotel and hung out at the pool. My boobs got so full the warm water in the hot tub (which was the size of a back yard pool) made them leak like crazy. That was interesting- but certainly relieving!
Then Alisa and Jessica went home and it was just Heidi, Jennie, and me.

Me, Jennie, and Heidi

It got late and we got goofy!
We went to bed late. I woke up at like 5 in the morning and had to pump- was not fun. The three of us finally got up and going around 9:30 or 10 and then checked out at noon. We went up the road to Macayo's for lunch. We had so much fun talking. We didn't get out of there until 2:30. Heidi got to the car first, opened the door, hopped in, and buckled up. I hopped in the back and watched Heidi turn the air on. Jennie was still outside searching for the keys in her purse. I jumped out to see what was taking her so long and she just said she was looking for her keys. I told her they were in the car. We were both so confused. I thought she had given them to Heidi to go start her car. She couldn't remember if she got in and started it and then got out to put something in the very back trunk area or what. Then we all realized Jennie hadn't gotten in the car and she hadn't given the keys to Heidi either. She never turned off the car and took the keys out. The car was running for the entire time!!! We must have been talking about some serious things for her to just hop out of the car without turning it off. That was totally hilarious and of course is now a great joke!

We then headed to Scottsdale Fashion Square. We went into some fun stores that we ordinarily wouldn't go into since we always have our kids with us and found some really great things - for instance the jeweled belt for $450 or the jimmy choo alligator shoes for $895. We just leisurely strolled around which was so weird since we didn't have kids crying or running away from us.

Then we went to Sprinkles. I couldn't decide on a single cupcake so I chose 6. I took a bite out of each one. The red velvet with cream cheese frosting was my fave.



After that we headed to my mom's to pick up Cloee and then decided we wanted to go see Mamma Mia. We all got permission from our husbands to go- which I think surprised us all since it was a 9:20PM movie. That meant they had the kids from Friday around 3-ish until almost midnight on Saturday. Our husbands rock!
My mom and Cassidy went with us to the movie too. We went and grabbed a quick bite to eat at Paradise Bakery (Jennie worked there back in the day!) and headed into the 9:20 movie. We got home so late and when we saw each other at church the next day (church isn't until 2:oo) we were all SO pooped. It was worth it though.
We are way past due for another one, girls!!!

2 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Sounds like fun. I wish I had someone here to do a girl night with!!!

Nichols Family said...

Thanks for posting that ridiculous picture of my funny face. I forgot about that. Embarassing! Oh and I thought I had slipped through the cracks on that whole key story, but I guess you didn't forget that one either. Darn. Well we had tons of fun anyway! Let's do it again!