I often go back to sleep after I get Carlee off to school which is around 7:40. Cloee and Cade don't usually wake up until 9:00 or 10:00 which allows me to do this. Well today Cloee had an appointment with Dr. Campbell, our wonderful pediatrician at 10:30 and it's at 44th Street and Camelback. Far! So even though I was super tired and tempted to go back to sleep for even a short time- I didn't. Such will power I have!
Dr. Campbell had nothing but good things to say today. Cloee is 17 and a half weeks (5 and a half weeks) and weighed 9 lbs 1 oz and measured 21 and a half inches long. She is doing so well. Dr. Campbell was so happy that she hasn't had any real problems since leaving the NICU.
After the Dr appointment we went to visit Cloee's nurses at the NICU. Cade, Cloee, and I went upstairs and as soon as we got off the elevator we saw one of our favorite night nurses, Brandee. We were so surprised to see each other especially because I didn't know she switched to the day shift. Brandee told me a few others were downstairs eating in the cafeteria so we headed down there. I think we surprised them because when I was in there looking all around I heard a squeal and saw Chelsea running over to us. (I couldn't find her because I was looking for blonde hair and she had changed it to brown.) It was so fun to see her. I just love her to death. Along with Chelsea, we got to see Jessica too and she is just a doll. We chatted for a while until they had to go. (In the cafeteria I also saw my mom's long-time friend, Tamara Whitmer, who works at the hospital and would come visit me when I was in antepartum. She told me how cute Cloee was. It was fun to see her!) Then we went back upstairs and another nurse Sarah L. came walking down the hall. I don't know how all these nurses escaped from the NICU that day. It seems like they usually are all holed up in there and can leave only for a quick 15 minute lunch before they have to be back to tend their babies. We waited around until Sarah H. was able to come out and see us and in that time we saw our wonderful Neonatologist, Dr. Waterkotte, a few respiratory therapists and another lady named Tracy. I don't know what her title is(maybe like a case manager?) but she would call me every once in a while to see how I was doing with having a baby in the NICU and I would complain to her about this or that. She was so wonderful to listen and try to fix things. Then we were able to see Sarah H. and by this time we were all beat and ready to go home and take a nap!
I think everyone we saw was excited to see Cloee and so happy that she is doing so well.
It was such a great day for me! I have such a special place in my heart for all these sweet girls that cared for my precious baby when I, as the mommy, couldn't do it. It was a hard thing to allow but knowing our nurses cared so much for Cloee made it a bit easier to leave her bedside each day.
I will forever be grateful to my favorites: Chelsea, Jessica, Sarah H., Sarah L., Brandee, Megan, Mae and Stephanie. Also, Dr. Waterkotte, Dr. Zozobrado and Dr. Hamburg were the best!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Visit to the NICU
Posted by ~Cari at 10:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment